Thursday 20 February 2014

keep it CURLY... keep it sweet...

Battling with my hair to stay straight throughout the day was a nightmare, I used to dred going out in the rain, and oh my god if its hot, humidity would just destroy the long hours of hard work I put in to straighten my puffy afro. So I gave up...

Honestly it was the best thing I have ever done, not only did it allow my hair to become healither it made me experiment with products to maintain my hair and wear it naturally in the best ever form i could get!

See I think we always concentrate on the things we don't have and try and change ourselves, but why do we do this? we girls should embrace what we have and try to improve our assets in a way that stays true to yourself.

I wish i knew how to deal with my hair when i was younger, i wouldn't of went through all the stresses of keeping it straight, straightening my hair constantly, just to look a certain way, not worrying that all this heat would just ruin it in the process. I had to come to the realisation that I have curly hair, that CURLY equals ME...

I have been wearing my hair naturally curly now for about four years, and I love my curls, dont get me wrong I do straighten my hair once every couple of months just for a change, but am done with obsessing with it. learning how to take care of my hair was a process and to me, just watching youtube videos and learning from people with similar hair like mine how they cope with their hair helped me out alot!

So I decided I would make my own video on it, and hopefully I would rescue someone from themselves, give them confidence to do so and  help them deal with their curly hair!





No comments:

Post a Comment